Who we are
We’re Holiday Home Owners Ltd established in 2003. We’re committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our guests, property owners and site visitors.
Our registered address is
15-17 Middle Street
Types of information we collect
Personal Information You Provide to Us
e.g. information you provide when you:
– Subscribe to a Newsletter
– Enquire to list your property
– Enquire about or book a property
Example information may include name, email address, phone number, address, other enquiry or booking source, rental payment details. We also collect names and age ranges of party members which may include information for under 18’s. In this case you confirm that you are the legal parent or guardian and you are giving consent for us to process their data. Potential owners may also provide property address and bank details for rental payments.
Website Analytics, Re-marketing & Cookies
We use third party services such as Google Analytics & Facebook as well as cookies to collect standard internet log information and details of website use. This is useful for us to understand visitor numbers to certain parts of the site, to display appropriate properties to you based on your searches and improve guest experience.
Guests are invited to subscribe to the mailing list directly via the site or via the booking process providing their contact details and interests.
City Pad send out a regular emails promoting discounted properties and discounts and offers in local businesses.
We never sell or trade mailing lists.
Our mailing list software is Mailchimp who gather information regarding newsletter clicks and opens to help us monitor and improve on our content. Unsubscribing is easy by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the email.
When you chat with us online you are asked for your name and email address and offered to sign up to our mailing list.
When you call us you may be asked for some personal information as mentioned above. You may also be asked if you’d like to be added to our mailing list. The information you provide will be logged.
How we use your information
Our main purpose for collecting any of the information above is to provide you with a quality booking service, tailored web experience and to help you find the best property for your needs.
The information collected can be used as follows:
- To fulfil a rental contract between the guest and owner.
- To fulfil an owner contract between the property owner and City Pad.
- Provide you with personalised web content and property adverts.
- Assist with the necessary booking administration and relevant correspondence including making rental payments, arrival instructions, property information.
- Provide you with discounted property information as well as offers in local bars, clubs and restaurants. Invite you to promotions, competitions or surveys.
- Request a review of the service and property.
- Provide property guest reviews, displayed to website visitors and passed to property owners and housekeepers for feedback.
- Improve website user experience through site analytics and visitor behaviours.
- In the event of City Pad being sold your information will be passed to the new buyer.
- In some rare situations we may be required to disclose your information if we are required to comply to a legal obligation.
- Monitor and improve our services.
- In some situations, property owner contact details may be provided to the guest.
- To email transcriptions of your online chats with us
Who is my information shared with?
- Property Manager/Housekeeping: As a guest making a booking, your contact and booking details will be passed to the property owner and/or their Property Manager. They may contact you directly with information relating to your booked property.
- Property Owner: As we act as an intermediary between you and the owner we share only minimal information with the owner namely, email address, name and home address. Banking or payment details are not disclosed to the owner.
- Property Contractors: In the event of essential property maintenance to a property you have booked, your contact details may be passed to the relevant contractor e.g. plumber.
- Guests are provided with the contact details of the Property Manager/Housekeeper/Owner.
- Following your stay in a property your email address and name will be passed to an independent review collector, Feefo who will send you a direct property review request.
- Legal proceedings and laws: In the rare event that we believe there to be illegal activity or to prevent illegal activity e.g. suspected fraud, prostitution etc your details may be disclosed to the relevant authorities/organisations.
- Personalised Marketing: To help deliver relevant property marketing content to you we may share your data with advertising platforms such as Google or Facebook. You may opt out at any time via the links detailed in ‘Marketing Opt Out’s below.
- Basic guest contact details are passed to Consec, an independent security company who provide guest briefings and respond to out of hour emergencies and neighbour/noise complaints. Owner / Property Manager contact details & property address are passed to Consec in case of emergency and to conduct risk assessments.
Marketing opt outs
You are entitled to view, amend or delete personal information that we hold. Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can opt out of marketing communications via
- Holiday Home Owners Email: Click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the email.
- Personalised marketing: you can opt out by following the links below
- Google: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences
How long we keep your data for
We will only keep personal data for an appropriate period of time for the purpose(s) for which we are using it. This period will vary and be dependent on our contractual and legal and business analysis requirements.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
Our Privacy Notice is monitored and reviewed regularly. Any significant changes will be posted on this page and where appropriate notified to you via email.