Dog Friendly Properties in Brighton
We have a great range of pet friendly properties to choose from
Your four legged friend is part of the family and of course you want to take them on holiday! Our dog friendly properties welcome your pet to Brighton and Hove. With great pooch pubs in the city to lovely parks and beaches in the region, making Brighton a pawsome holiday destination for your dog.
Dog friendly Beaches
- Brighton & Hove: dogs are welcome from October-April on all beaches and on certain beaches during May-September.
- Climping beach: secluded, stony beach near Little Hampton. It includes a nature reserve and is popular with surfers and especially great for dog walkers at low tide.
- Lancing beach: only a 20 minute drive from Brighton with no restrictions and a nice sandy beach that is revealed when the tide goes out.
- Cooden Beach: another typically Sussex beach with shingle and some sandy flats exposed at low tide. Near Bexhill on Sea, Cooden is also popular with kite surfers and windsurfers and your doggies are free to roam!
- West Wittering: Privately owned gorgeous unspoilt sandy beach with great views of Chichester harbour and the South Downs. The whole beach is open to dogs all year with certain zones restricted May-September.
Dog Friendly Parks
- Preston Park: The biggest park in central Brighton with two dog friendly cafes, and considered to be home to the largest and oldest Elm trees in the world! It hosts various events including Brighton Pride, includes a velodrome, bowling greens, tennis courts and has the largest municipal rock garden in Britain.
- Queens Park: A beautiful park with a dog friendly area on the north lawns, large pond, occasional café, and playground.
- Stanmer Park: The open parkland and beautiful woodland areas make this a hit with dog walkers with lots of walks to choose from.
- Wild Park: is Brighton & Hove’s largest Local Nature Reserve (LNR) and contains extensive woodland walks and spectacular views over the city. The South Downs National Park extends right into the city here.
- Hove Park: covers almost 40 acres and features a mix of large areas of open grass, mature trees, flower beds and recreational facilities, making it popular with local residents, dog walkers and runners alike. Hove Park is also home to ‘The Goldstone’, rumoured to be a sacred stone of the Druids.
Dog Friendly Pubs, Restaurants & Cafes
- Coggings & Co: serving great burgers and a bowl of water for your pooch. Staff are friendly and it has spacious, secluded garden out the back.
- Compass Point Eatery: well loved café in Kemptown will friendly staff that will also welcome your dog so that you can much away.
- The Independent Pub: after a dog walk in Queens Park this is a warm, welcoming free house pub for you and your pooch with changing beers, menus, and jazz nights.
- The Basketmakers Arms: tucked away in the heart of the North Laine. This homely, cosy pub will encourage you to put your paws up and sip that pint with your canine friend getting to relax.
- Semolina: an independent local restaurant run by husband and wife who will ensure that you and your pet feel at home.
Dog Friendly Days Out
- National Trust: has many dog friendly places and great locations for your four legged friend to walk on a lead.
- Doggie Treasure Hunts & Treasure Trails are mainly dog friendly but for a lot of the time your pooch would need to be kept on a lead.
- South Downs: The South Downs National Park’s landscapes cover 1,600km2 of hidden gems and breath-taking views. Walking the South Downs Way, you can discover the white cliffs of Seven Sisters, rolling farmland, ancient woodland and lowland heaths or enjoy the traditional country pubs and picture perfect villages.
Holiday Home Owners Pet Policy
We love pets here at Holiday Home Owners, and understand how great it can be to share your holiday with all of your loved ones. We’ve encouraged many of our landlords to accept pets in their property on the basis that our ‘Pet Friendly Policy’ is adhered to by guests.
Please help us continue to be able to offer pet friendly properties by ensuring that you meet the following points:
- All cats and dogs are fully up to date with their vaccines and importantly have received a flea treatment immediately before your booking starts.
- Pets are not allowed on the furniture.
- Pets are not permitted in the bedrooms.
- Please bring your own bedding for pets to sleep on.
- If there is an outside space please ensure that all pet droppings have been removed upon check-out.
- Please ensure the property is left free of any pet hair or paw marks.
- Please bring your pet’s own water/food bowl, as guest crockery is not to be used.
- If your dog is wet after a walk please dry him thoroughly upon entering the property.
- Our pet friendly properties generally accept 1 medium/large breed dog or 2 small breed dogs. Please call for any clarification.
- Dogs must not be left alone inside the property.
- In the unlikely event of any damage to the property made by your pet or extra cleaning e.g. remove hairs, droppings in the garden etc deductions will be made from your deposit. If your pet has caused damage in excess of the security deposit you agree to refund any excess.
The pet supplement is charged at £25 per week/weekend. Upon receipt of the booking, we will manually add a refundable Pet security deposit of £100.
We really hope that you and your four legged friend enjoy your stay!